June 3, 2009

April 12, 2007-The First Few FOs

So I took a crochet class at a local library last fall ('06) after taking a knitting one and not getting it. (I don't have enough hands for the two needles and the yarn.) So this little grandma taught me a granny square, but nothing about the terminology of crochet or anything. I was hooked (get it?) and proceeded to check out a bajillion books at the library and then went on to make some bookmarks, glasses cases, a few hats... I thought I'd post a few of my finished projects.

The first is the Cranium hat pattern from Crochet Me's website. I followed the instructions exactly, unfortunately. I'm a tight hooker, so the first try I used a G hook. Nope.

So then I used a K hook. Still too small.

So I then used an M hook and had to add a few rows to get it on my head! I think I've just got a monstrous noggin and no one's wanted to hurt my feelings by telling me.

So this project is a I tested for Heidilyn Originals and it was easy and turned out great. I used Bernat Super Value instead of Caron Simply Soft and the pink seemed bigger than the white. So the inside of the ears was bigger than the outside and they're stiff. I'm not happy with how I've got them on or how they look, but it's done.

And this is my 20-month old daughter; not a very willing model, eh? She was mad that I wouldn't take it off so she could run and play. Still looks cute, though.


No comments: