June 3, 2009

January 9, 2008-Two More Places to Visit

Well it was a busy, crazy, horrible 2007 summer...partly why it's been a while since I've visited. My dad died suddenly, unexpectedly, shockingly on May 30th. That shock sucked up the whole summer and we continued trying to conceive. Baby #3 started in early August and I quickly lost any interest in anything besides sleeping, napping and when I could doze again. Things have picked up a bit; I'm a less tired and I've actually started glancing back through my crochet magazines.

So here's 2 sites I also like to visit:First is Rostitchery's blog. She has good instructions on making your own pillowcase dresses for little girls and instructions for making nursing tops and shirts. Check this out, too.

Second is Mavis' blog with tutorials and her crafting adventures. Here's the tutorial for making hooter hiders--which, if I can make them successfully, will be shower gifts for the near futures. I'm making the first one, trial one, for myself of course.

So that's it for today. Why does it seem like I'd be best friends with the women who write these blogs? If only we all lived closer to each other...and they didn't think I was some weird, icky stalker that found them online and just want to be close to them. Eww. I'll just admire silently from afar, reading their blogs and sucking up their expertise without bothering them.

No comments: